Sunday, January 21, 2007

don't look the wrong way!


I use to always get so dissappointed on how people don't appreciate the good things or hard work I did. I would cry and feel totally exhausted and fatigue.

Looking back on all the incidents with a bit of self introspection, there are a few things that made me become so miserable. And it's all from within me.

The first is the "second child" syndrome effect. I was always craving for attention, a pad at the back, praises from my bosses as I always wanted from my parents. Being a second child, I felt I was never good enough compared to my elder sister and younger brother. So, when I didn't get the reaction I was hoping from my bosses when I work my ass off to do beyond satisfying job, I was devastated. But the great thing of being a second child is that I became strong and successful as I felt the need to always be better than the rest. I would not let anyone make me feel small or incapable of anything. Intimidation of any kind actually motivates me to exel further. I am independent, a problem solver, a fighter but I don't easily trust people. I emphatize for others as I can feel that I can relate to their pains. So, thinking deeper about it, the second child syndrome actually did more good than bad.

So what was the main reason? Wanting, begging, waiting, expecting praise from the wrong people, and shutting my eyes and ears to see and hear thousands of praises from thousands of people around me. It had no value to me, which is wrong. Today, I don't do things for praise from others, I do what I do for me, to make me happy. Rewards, praises are bonus. This way of thinking made me feel happy, about myself, life and people around me.

What they say about "learn to make yourself happy before making other people happy" is totally correct. Coz if you are happy and have no expectations, life is wonderful...and everyday feels like you are blessed with gifts and fortune, because every praise or reward is like a surprise present! Imagine....

I love life...you should too.

No comments: